WhatsApp logo Mail
Imagine… that you will work with important data sets which consist of billions of structured and unstructured records of transactions, clicks, documents or web data. Imagine yourself on a state-of-the-art Data Lab where you have a dedicated data cluster with all the open source tools at your disposal. Imagine yourself with the task to utilise this data and tools to the full extent to manage the loan portfolio of the bank or determine opportunities to decrease costs. If you are interested in solving complex puzzles and like to add value to our clients by making data and analytics work, read on!
Making a difference
As a Data Scientist, you develop the intelligence and analyses that give Rabobank the leading edge in banking in the Netherlands:
- You are a specialist in advanced data analytics and will fulfil a broad role in developing the Finance domain's analytical transformation;
- You will operate within a complex web of data sources and advise and execute analyses that lead to new insights;
- You will present your insights and products to various stakeholders within the bank, from executive management to your colleagues;
- You will actively participate in knowledge sharing, meetups, code reviews and deep dives to develop the ambitious team that you are part of;
- You will work in small multi-disciplinary teams which consist of roles such as business consultants and data engineers.
With each other
Within Rabobank the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for the financial performance of the bank. From that perspective the CFO is also responsible for all data related to the bank's loan portfolio and funding sources. This provides a fertile foundation for analytics initiatives to help steer the bank. From that viewpoint a new analytics team is set up to streamline these initiatives and put them into practice.
The CFO Data Analytics team (7 FTE) is a group of talented people, who, together with the larger analytics community, want to accelerate the CFO domain's analytics efforts. To achieve our goals we are searching for new talent to strengthen the team.
The CFO domain has an in-depth understanding of the combined risk and finance data and is therefore uniquely positioned to help the organization unlock such value. It is our belief that the skill set needed to do so using advanced analytics, should be organized near the core processes. Cross functional teams will allow us to make optimal use of the available domain knowledge, while still allowing data scientists to work together closely and learn from each other.
The CFO Data Analytics team is part of the larger Rabobank analytics community. You will therefore also closely cooperate with the Data Science & Business Consulting team within our Digital Transformation Office which consists of 45 colleagues in a variety of roles, including: Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Platform Engineers and Consultants.
Abstract thinking, creativity, strong analytical and quantitative skills are essential for the role of Data Scientist within our team. Hence it is important that you recognise yourself in the checklist below:
- A Master's Degree in Computer Science, Econometrics, Artificial Intelligence, Applied Mathematics or equivalent;
- Experience in data analytics and in statistical (regression, clustering and classification), descriptive and diagnosis methods; knowledge of forecasting methods;
- An inquisitive mind-set eager to solve complex problems;
- Demonstrable programming experience in Python or another programming language such as Java/C/C++/R;
- Experience with DataIku is considered an advantage;
- Experience with Jupyter-Notebooks;
- Strong analytical and social skills and the capability to translate data intelligence into valuable insights for the CFO domain is considered an advantage;
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Advanced proficiency in Dutch is considered an advantage;
- Located in the Netherlands.
Growing a better world together
You might already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 8.3 million customers in 38 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a Better World Together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organizations that are a second home to many people.
- Together with Rabobank Development, we support organizations with the setup and management of their datacenters
- With the Rabobank Foundation, we support social enterprises. This gives people experiencing barriers entering the labor market the opportunities they deserve, and helps them to participate fully in our society
Do you want to invest in your skills as a Data Scientist? We would love to help you achieve this goal by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. Our professionals will be there to share their valuable knowledge with you. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to help you grow and excel as a professional. Based on a 40-hour working week, you can also expect:
- A gross annual salary between €38,532 and €63,648 depending on your experience and seniority;
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- An Employee Benefit Budget (8 - 10 % of your monthly salary, dependent on your function group). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out;
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport. Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as CFO DAC Data Scientist and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Jerrol Spier, Recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via .
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link .
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
Delen:LinkedIn LinkedIn logo Twitter Twitter logo Mail Mail icon
We ontvangen graag je sollicitatie. Interviews zullen via videocall worden gepland.Type contract Fulltime Vakgebied Data & Analytics Locatie Utrecht (Nederland) Referentienummer JR_00020227 Publicatiedatum 2 juli 2020 WhatsApp logo Mail