Marine ManagerWork location The Netherlands, Rotterdam Contract type Full-time
Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 190 vessels and over 2,500 crews and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com .
Smit Lamnalco currently has an opening for a:
In the role of Marine Manager you are responsible for providing Operational and Marine related support & assistance to Africa region and the Contract Managers running our entities/contracts within this region. Furthermore you will fulfil the role of Contract Manager for assigned (single vessel) contracts and projects. The Marine Manager reports to the Regional Managing Director and is part of the Regional Africa Team. The role is based at the HQ of Smit Lamnalco in Rotterdam.
- Manage operational, marine or diving related tasks/projects and solve operational issues.
- Be the Point of Contact for Contract Managers to advise on operational & marine related matters to ensure application of safe and efficient practices.
- Advise on or provide vessel masters with Passage Planning and Voyage instructions if and when required.
- Drive initiatives on regional level to achieve operational efficiencies and reduction of OPEX costs (Fuel, Victuals, Crew, Agents) in cooperation with the RMD and Contract Managers.
- Ensure the timely provision of nautical & statutory documentation to vessels.
- Undertake at random vessel audits & inspections to ensure quality standards are met and report on the status of vessels to the RMD.
- Flag non-compliance (Operational / Technical) and undertake corrective and/or preventive actions.
- Provide input and local knowledge to the Tender Team on Operational or Marine profiles for specific contracts.
- Represent the region during (client) audits as subject matter expert on operational and marine related matters.
- Fulfil the role of Regional Operations Voyage Coordinator in the event of vessel mobilizations.
- Fulfil the role of Contract Manager for assigned (single vessel) contracts..
- Monitor and ensure the update of all vessel related certificates.
- Assist in the selection process of nautical staff on board of our vessels.
- Coordinate Crew training and localization programs across the region.
- Higher professional education (or Bachelor level) at a Maritime Academy or other maritime related field.
- Sea going experience as master Mariner or Chief Officer, preferably on tugs or AHT's.
- Well-developed project management skills.
- Relevant marine operating experience.
- A minimum of 2 to 4 years' of (management) experience in a similar role or on board of a vessel.
- To be fluent in English & Dutch (verbally and in writing).
- The willingness to travel on a regular basis. French is considered an asset.
Employment conditionsSmit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package. We offer you the opportunity to develop yourself in a challenging, dynamic and truly international environment.
For this positions it is mandatory to be a resident of The Netherlands and in possession of a residency permit.
Contact infoFor more information, please feel free to contact , Africa