Legal CounselWork location The Netherlands, Rotterdam Contract type Full-time
Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 190 vessels and over 2,500 staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com .
Within the corporate Legal Department in our HQ in Rotterdam, we have an opening for a:
Your main responsibilities as our Legal Counsel are to provide legal advice and support to the Smit Lamnalco group of companies. As a business partner, together with the other members of the legal team you will provide advice on various business matters in order to protect the company's business interests, to limit the risks and to ensure compliance with legislation and the Group Legal Framework.
Job DescriptionYou will be responsible to:
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of the Group Legal Framework.
- Monitor and ensure a proper application in practice of legal policies and procedures.
- Advise on various legal aspects relevant to the Business (including advise on insurance matters i.a.).
- Draft, review and negotiate international commercial (service) contracts.
- Provide legal support on contract lifecycle management related matters.
- Initiate and lead new corporate set-ups, incorporation of new (local) entities and amendments to the corporate structure.
- Advise on insurance requirements and matters and assist with the annual insurance renewals.
- Provide legal support to (senior) management in case of disputes, claim settlements and arbitrations.
- Monitor progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
Job RequirementsTo be successful in this role you will have :
- A Master degree in Law.
- 3 to 7 years' experience in an in-house legal position or at a law firm in an international setting.
- In depth knowledge of - and experience with contract law and corporate law. Knowledge of common law is an advantage.
- Knowledge of and experience with marine and liability insurances is considered an advantage.
- Well-developed analytical skills.
- Problem solving and result orientated.
- Able to provide pragmatic legal advice.
- Well-developed negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication - and influencing skills.
- Confidence and credibility to work with senior-level corporate executives in a dynamic and complex working environment.
- Positive attitude, can-do mentality, hands-on, team player.
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal). Knowledge of the French language is an advantage.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
Employment conditionsSmit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package. We offer you the opportunity to develop yourself in a challenging, dynamic and truly international environment.
For this positions it is mandatory to be a resident of The Netherlands and in possession of a residency permit.
Contact infoFor more information, please feel free to contact ,