Drachten, Friesland, Netherlands Full time 317244
Job TitleProcurement Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to be Procurement Engineer representing Procurement in the Business, have in-depth understanding of the product context "End-to-End" be responsible
for delivering on the Business Procurement strategies, including the utilization of DFX.
You are responsible for
- Ensures that optimized TCO (cost, quality, availability) are assured in product and business creation and through their full life cycle, utilizing DFX.
- PE drives the sourcing plan, leading supplier selection and ensuring adherence to the Business Procurement strategy
- Drives early supplier involvement and identifies cost drivers to influence design decision making and achieve target costing.
- Collaborate with Supplier Quality in the new supplier/component release process, including compliance and sustainability aspects
- Support price negotiations with opportunities to drive short and long term cost reduction improvement
You are part of the global procurement Engineering team focusing on Coffee and are an integral part of the Drachten Innovation site.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A procurement professional providing AOP savings through cost down projects and new product introduction projects
- Considered to be a key partner in significant product cost reduction activities, in early phase innovation or inthe manufacturing phase.
- Contributes to developing the cost engineering function.
- Understanding the principles of Executing Cost Down projects and new product introduction Projects
- Understanding the principles of Value Engineering (L1)
- Understanding the principles of the materials / goods flow
- Is an expert user of the entire costing toolset (Should Costing, NPV, TCO etc.) in large projects
- Deep knowledge of the long term structural cost drivers for the assigned product.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary project teams and contributes to developing cost engineering processes
- Able to read and understand blue prints and other engineering documentation
- Cost down projects and new product introduction projects executed for assigned product portfolio
- Addresses problems with unique and/or cross functional implication.
- Evaluate supplier manufacturing systems and processes and subsequent data collected for the purpose of analysis.
- Is up to date with developments in the commodity market and uses this to provide inputs to Product Creation Process and negotiation process.
- Is able to lead cost down projects and participates in new product introduction projects
- Is able to lead project based Cost Engineering activities, manage reporting of results within the project teams.
- Stimulates significant impact on the cost price of a product and supports total cost improvement discussions.
- Based on supply value of > € 10 M.
-0-2 years of experience in a high volume assembly-type industry in supply chain related functions or related financial controlling functions
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Please apply online - Good Luck!
Recruitment agencies : we are fortunate enough to receive lots of fantastic applications for our brand, however when we use agencies we have a PSL in place so please do not contact hiring managers or the recruitment team directly as we are not able to respond to you.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.))
Email this job to a friend
Do you know someone who can be interested in this job opportunity? Email this link to your friend!
Name Name should not empty
Email Address Email should not empty Please enter email
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexpected moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
You'll receive updates once a week
Enter Email address Email should not be empty Please enter a valid email address
* I would like to receive Philips job alerts. What does this mean?
Thank you!For U.S. applicants only: As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.