At Damen Yachting, we proudly build and refit the very best Amels superyachts, Damen SeaXplorer expedition yachts and Damen Yacht Support vessels for our clients to enjoy the finest moments in life. We are a Dutch family-owned yacht builder and proud of our long pedigree of craftsmanship. From our locations in Vlissingen in the Netherlands and Gdynia in Poland, our strong team of approximately 450 yacht building professionals is the foundation of our successful growth. Together with hundreds of specialist co-makers, we deliver what we promise with unrivalled knowhow and a passion for innovation. Damen Yachting is the yachting division of the Damen Shipyards Group, the world's leading specialist ship builder, which operates 35 yards globally with 12,000 employees.
Within the department Engineering a small dedicated group of engineers will be responsible for the design and engineering of Dynamic Construction Parts, like side doors, stern doors , big hatches, etc. for multiple projects. The mechanical engineers will be responsible for making calculations, 3D models from concept design until detailed engineering, production information, manuals, system descriptions etc.
Modelling doors, hatches, etc.
Modelling 3D mechanical assemblies
Making calculations of mechanical assemblies
Making drawings of machined parts
Making production information of doors/hatches, etc.
Making assembly instruction, manuals, etc
Delivering production support
Skills & experience
We are looking for a team player with an innovative mindset, excellent communication and advising skills with the following experience:
- Minimum Bachelor degree, in the field of Mechanical Engineering
- Yacht/Shipbuilding would be great;
- Computer skills with respect to modelling 3D assemblies and calculations with software like Solidworks, Solidedge, Inventor, etc.
Note: Damen Yachting uses Solidworks for this discipline.
What we offer
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package & other benefit;
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports