Social Media Specialist
It's an exciting time to join our expanding Marketing team. We have ambitious plans in place for 2020 and we are happy to welcome an experienced Social Media Specialist in our team, who will manage our social channels and make them sparkle. With a great knowledge of the last trends and the best organization skills under your belt, you help us to engage with our community and promote our marketing campaigns and latest news. We aim to grow our brand profile on a global scale, retain and strengthen our position as an industry leader and help our future clients to find more information about our products.
Our online community is vast, engaged and active, and you'll be at the heart of it. You'll not only respond, but guide conversations and start new ones. If you're the kind of person who thrives on good conversation and interacting with online communities, this could be a great opportunity for you!
As Social Media Specialist, you are a creative and curious self-starter, with a love for design and a deep knowledge of the community and culture surrounding it. You are a confident content creator-gif making skills are required-and you enjoy to write and adapt your writing for specific contexts and audiences. Our company has clients with high expectations, operates all over the world and you will be in contact with them, so organization should be your middle name.
You will be a part of the Digital Marketing Team, but you'll be working proactively with other teams within Damen to build our presence and provide the best experience to customers. These teams are:
- Communications and events: the brand guardians who ensure our brand will be recognized at every stage of the journey.
- Digital Marketing: grows and shapes our web and digital presence and creates leads.
- Digital Sales: responsible for customer care and off course conversion the leads.
As Social Media Specialist, you'll take full ownership and responsibility of our social channels as a primary channel to reach and engage our users and external audiences.
As part of your role you'll develop our social strategy, start positive and engaging conversations around our products, and triage support, customer service and possible sales requests to the right teams in a timely manner - while making sure measurement and reporting is a part of everything you do.
On a typical day, you will be:
- Monitoring and managing all of our channels - making sure that we are an active and regular voice amongst our community of users and external audiences.
- Developing and managing our content calendar - executing our short term plans and planning against our long term vision.
- Developing and executing owned and paid social media campaigns that support our marketing goals.
- Creating, curating and managing content across all of our social media channels and possibly with our sister companies.
- Creating copy, images and videos with assistance from our designers and copywriters.
- Listening and responding to customers in an engaging and "social" way that encourages brand loyalty and advocacy.
- Weekly social reporting, including sentiment tracking.
- Working with the Customer Support team and guiding customers to the correct support channels where necessary.
- Working as community builder to help engage and grow the existing Damen community.
- Working with the Digital Sales team identify leads and opportunities and help connect potential customers for additional help.
- Being a go-to person for Damen's brand voice and supporting internal teams with communicating important messaging across our social channels.
Skills & experience
4+ years in social media-related roles, working with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Experience with Social Studio.
Excellent command of the English language. As you will work in an international environment, knowledge of additional languages is considered a plus.
A content creation skillset that covers copy and design.
The ability to analyze data and adapt your approach based on your findings.
A customer-focused mindset and the ability to empathize.
Enjoy working in a B2B environment.
Able to adapt quickly to a new brand voice (and help shape it).
Able to prepare social media reporting with a high level of accuracy.
Experienced at running paid and owned social campaigns using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Able to understand Google Analytics and use it to track campaigns.
What we offer
Here at Damen we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you:
- A dynamic international working environment with a focus on innovation and digital marketing.
- The chance to contribute to our growing Digital Marketing department.
- Establish an extensive network within the commercial arena of Damen.
- Work in a young and ambitious team.
- A competitive salary.
- At least 40 days of annual leave.