senior merchandise manager - ck outletDEPARTMENT:: GLOBAL HQ, MERCHANDISING LOCATION:: AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner's and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that's fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp.,, one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
Position Description and responsibilities
This position reports into the Director Outlet Merchandising PVH. You will work with your peer who is responsible of Tommy Hilfiger outlet and you will be responsible for Calvin Klein outlet.
As the Outlet Senior Merchandising Manager of Calvin Klein, you will be responsible for the Apparel, Accessories and Underwear business.
Your core responsibility is to develop and deliver commercial and profitable collections for the European Outlet business, and to extract best value from excess stock, whilst maintaining brand integrity and corporate direction.
To achieve this, you will be responsible for team building, coaching and development, the Calvin Klein Merchandising Team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- With your team you will work on the development of Seasonal Strategy
- Ensuring coherent storytelling and aligned strategies across all elements of the Brand
- Optimization of product phasing & delivery flow into stores
- Sell Through and Margin optimization
- Leading departmental processes and deadlines and facilitating most efficient ways of working
- Market research on competitor's assortments and pricing
- Own the key reports and analysis on KPI and seasonal performance
- Driver of simplifying & aligning the business process across both genders for Underwear & Apparel
- Building relationships and strategic partners across the Markets & Divisions
- Delivering the European business strategy & product needs to the US for Underwear
- Drive communication and collect periodic feedback from markets and key accounts
- Continue to work with your team development & coach
- Maintain Merchandising tools and systems
- Graduated at "Bachelor" level or equivalent (or higher)
- 8+ years of relevant working experience in Merchandising, must of managed a team of at least 2 people for 4 years or more
- Excellent data analysis skills - able to work with historical data to extract business insights
- High level of accuracy and detail oriented
- Excellent knowledge of, and skilled in, MS Office (esp. Excel and PPT)
- Excellent English communication written and verbal
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; effectively communicates with different departments within the organization across different hierarchy levels
- Strong presentation skills
- Able to work in a hectic, fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
- Embrace the hands on, active, problem solving, open minded, dynamic, fun and fast pace environment
- Able to organize multiple tasks under pressures and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and set own prioritizations within a fast-moving environment
- Ability to lead and work within a team
- Brand ambassador / passionate about product
- Strong interest in fashion and market trends
- Eager to work in an international environment
- Limited travel for work