Assistant Group Controller
Assistant Group Controller
Damen Shipyards Group is established in 1927 and is a 100% Dutch family owned international group of companies which operates 36 shipbuilding and repair yards, employing 12,000 people worldwide.
Damen has delivered more than 6,500 vessels in more than 100 countries and delivers some 175 vessels annually to customers worldwide. Damen designs and builds innovative vessels and based on its unique, standardized ship-design concept Damen is able to guarantee consistent quality supported by a worldwide network of sales and services.
Annual production value amounts to approximately EUR 2bln. Damen's focus on standardisation, modular construction and keeping vessels in stock leads to short delivery times, low 'total cost of ownership', high resale values and reliable performance. Furthermore, Damen vessels are based on thorough R&D and proven technology. Damen offers a wide range of products, including tugs, workboats, naval and patrol vessels, high speed craft, cargo vessels, dredgers, vessels for the offshore industry, ferries, pontoons and superyachts.
Are you ready for the next step in your career by acting as linking pin between Business control and specialized finance functions as Treasury, Tax, Group Control and external stakeholders?
To support the finance function of Damen Shipyards Group (DSG) we are looking for an Assistant Group Controller. Managing DSG's finances is both complex and challenging. To deal with this the finance function comprises specialized finance departments such as Treasury, Tax and Group Control. The Assistant Group Controller position is an excellent opportunity to be the linking pin between those functions in a very dynamic growing international organization.
The Assistant Group Controller will be reporting to the Group Controller of DSG and assists with the consolidation of the group, the group reporting and ad-hoc financial analyses. Additionally you'll be the first point of contact of all group companies for our Onestream application (EPM software) and will assist in further developing the application. Within a global company it is important to have one accounting standard. It will be your role to assist in setting the accounting standards for the Damen Shipyards Group (over 50 operating companies in various countries!. This allows the company to streamline its financial processes.
Meaning: lots of communication and collaboration with divisions, group companies and the finance function. This gives you an advantage to report your (unsolicited) advices about, but not limited to, actuals, planning and budgeting. You'll be working in a challenging business environment and need to achieve in depth knowledge of this environment for analyzing it.
With ever increasing digitization, the IT involvement will become more and more important. For this part you'll be collaborating closely on dashboarding with DSG's Financial Systems Analyst and the finance colleagues within our divisions. Together we make it happen that Finance operates in an efficient and valuable way for the company, which will bring many opportunities and possibilities for you to develop yourself both on a substantive and personal level.
The Assistant Group Controller will be involved in preparing corporate management information. Here, you can think of the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the execution of the (financial) consolidation (using the recently implemented OneStream EPM) of DSG;
- Composing the external and internal reporting such as the (consolidated) financial statements and planning, budgeting and forecasting;
- Analyze the financial reports of DSG and its group companies and give (unsolicited) advice;
- Setting (accounting) standards for group reporting purposes by means of the Damen Accounting Manual;
- Keep up to date with new developments in the financial field;
- Participate in various improvement processes.
Skills & experience
- Academic degree in Business Economics, Accounting or Finance;
- About 5-7 years relevant experience (analyzing, consolidating, reporting etc.);
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP is preferred;
- Experience with OneStream EPM (or other consolidation software) is preferred;
- Affinity with automation and digitization of reporting processes and analytics.
- Driven, ambitious and engaged;
- Proactive and prepared to 'go the extra mile';
- Hands-on attitude and prepared to role-up the sleeves;
- Positive attitude together with a good sense of humor;
- Pragmatic and analytically strong;
- Accurate and well-structured;
- Reliable and discreet;
- Team player: flexible and able to work in a small team within a dynamic work environment;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English.
Reference number NL00229
Country The Netherlands
Teams Legal & Finance
Product Group Damen Shipyards Group
Company Damen Shipyards Gorinchem