Enterprise Data Architect
Amsterdam, Heerlen | University | IT | Full time
We are looking for an Enterprise Data Architect within the Enterprise Architecture Team.
As Enterprise Data Architect you are responsible for the data architecture across the business lines and staff departments of the organization.
You will be responsible for:
- maintaining the vision, strategy and principles for data and information management;
- developing and maintaining formal data descriptions and structures, like data definitions, data models, data classification, data flows and metadata management;
- developing and maintaining a data quality control framework supporting accountability / responsibility, core validations / controls;
- watching and actively promoting trends and market developments in the area of data and information management.
You will act as the liaison between application design and the (business line) representatives who produce and consume data and information products.
You will work closely with other teams directly involved in the data and information domain (e.g. Business Intelligence, Data Governance, Information Security).
You will work closely with senior management (e.g. COO and business unit managers) where appropriate in the context of data-related programs and projects.
You will report to the manager of Enterprise Architecture.
The Enterprise Architecture Team within Staff AM-IT is in a transition phase to become a strong partner in realizing the APG-AM business goals. The AM-IT organization itself is in transition towards an agile organization. As Data Architect you'll play a key-role in setting up and maintaining a future proof data-management framework, facilitating the strategic organizational goals. You have many opportunities to add your vision, knowledge and experience to bring this part of the architecture together with your direct colleagues and all stakeholders to a higher maturity level.
The Enterprise Data Architect has a passion for data architecture. You are client oriented, flexible but disciplined and of course accurate in your work. You have a good eye for detail without losing the big picture. Your communication and collaboration skills to work with different and various functional backgrounds and across managerial levels, are well developed.
You will participate as SME lead in particular in the program "Data and Information Strategy". You will support and challenge your colleagues and peers in other projects and initiatives where appropriate. Keywords: working together, pragmatic, can do, focused on results, learn and develop, communicate, and respect each other.
Additionally we ask for:
- A bachelor degree with preferably academic level of thinking;
- A data management professional certification, TOGAF certification or equivalent knowledge is desirable;
- 5 or more years of relevant experience, preferably in an asset management environment;
- Proven expertise and experience in:
- Stakeholder management;
- Data analysis, data modelling and meta-data management;
- Data and information strategy and governance (data architecture, data policies, processes and standards, data architecture reviews and issue resolution);
- Data content management (reference data management, master data management, data life cycle management, data quality management, corporate and regulatory compliance), data asset discovery and access (data security).
APG is a pension provider that organizes the pensions for 4.5 million people on behalf of several pension funds. We provide the pensions of one in every five families in the Netherlands.
APG Asset Management is one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. We leverage all our experience, expertise and innovative power to invest the pension assets of our clients and their participants cost effectively. We contribute to a quality, affordable pension by achieving a stable, sustainable long-term return with responsible risks. For APG Asset Management, innovation and personal development are the way to keep a leading edge in pension asset management. Do you love your profession as well as a challenge? APG Asset Management offers plenty of challenges.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary, a quality pension scheme and a year-end bonus, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer and Top ICT Employer titles since 2008.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives. We like to invite you to apply.
Who are we?
+31(0) 6 12973427 or via .
The ideal place to learn, grow and prove yourself.