||Independent Recruiters Groep
||maandag 9 september 2019
This is your chance to be a biomolecule researcher for a world leader in the Food Industry in the Utrecht region!
Are you ready for a next step as a senior technician? Do you really love to work in a R&D lab environment with a strong focus on food analyses?
Then this could be the job for you!
As Biomolecule Researcher, you will support the analytical goals of HMR/AAD by your senior expertise in cutting edge instrumental analytical technologies.
The focus will include ESI-LC-MS, UV-HPLC, for structural characterization and quantitation of biomolecules (oligosaccharides, peptides /proteins, metabolites. Application of preparative SEC and MALDI-MS of biomolecules might also be required in future.
You will conduct lab analysis utilizing the aforementioned technologies on a daily basis and in close cooperation with other departments like our product development department. You will also develop or adapt new analytical methods for novel projects. Finally, evaluation, (scientific) interpretation, reporting and presentation of results in alignment with your teamleader will be part of your new role.
Depending on future evolution of the position, you are also ready to take over responsibility for technical and scientific research projects and are willing to guide other team members if required. You also like to work with project stakeholders from cross functional teams with highly developed diverse scientific, analytical and technical expertise.
The Biomolecule Researcher you fits within the following profile:
- Minimum bachelor degree in Biotechnology or Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Chemistry, Biology or similar (nature sciences);
- At least 3 years of hands on ESI-LC-MS, UV-HPLC, optionally also preparative SEC and MALDI-MS experience in life science research or within the food sector including method development and organization of lab workflows;
- Expertise in application of UV/RI-HPLC and biochemical methods such as ELISA, 2D-gel-electrophoresis, enzymatic protein digestion, SPE sample pretreatment;
- Lab automation using robotic devices (Hamilton lab robot);
- You are skilled in analytical instrumentation software Explorer Series, Analyst (ABSciex), Exalibur, Bioworks, Chromeleon (Thermo Scientific), Chemstation (Agilent);
- You are able to do the evaluation of large, complex data sets e.g. with advanced (multivariate) statistics-software tools utilizing e.g. PCA and related software solutions;
- You are capable of managing self-supervised analytical and scientific projects and you are ready to present results to scientists and managers;
- You have senior experience in (bio-) analytical method development as well as in preparation of standard operation procedures (SOPs) and ISO 90xx and/or GMP workflows;
- You are hands-on, flexible, self-starter but also a teamplayer, open minded and creative.
This company is a global leader within the medical food production with multipule office locations in The Netherlands. You are going to work in a state of the art R&D center in Utrecht where you will be working within a team of internaitonal colleagues.
We offer you a position in an innovative multinational company with an open and dynamic atmosphere. You will be offered a secondment contract and an attractive monthly salary based on your experience and education, but varies between €4500-€5500.
The initial contract will be until January 2020, however, there is room for growth and development which gives you the opportunity to extend your contract.
Start date is as soon as possible.