As a VAT Analyst you will be responsible for managing timely and accurately value added tax reporting and other indirect local taxes, as applicable, ensuring timely and accurate compliance for indirect tax in each country.
- Stay abreast of changes in the EU and local regulations concerning VAT Compliance.
- Prepare and submit VAT returns and Intrastat reports and any other relevant documents to local authorities in a consistent, efficient manner, optimizing use of the company’s ERP system (SAP/R3).
- Reconcile VAT returns and Intrastat reports with the relevant general ledger accounts.
- Contribute to VAT related cross-functional projects, working together with relevant functions within the company (General Ledger, Procurement, Supply Chain among others).
- Prepare and analyze supportive documentation for VAT audits. Answer queries from tax authorities concerning VAT returns and Intrastat reports and submit required documentation in a timely manner.
- Execute internal controls (SOX) and support the VAT Specialist by preparing Key SOX Controls.
- Document VAT related processes & controls.
As a perfect matching candidate you will bring along:
- Bachelor or Master in Fiscal economics, Fiscal Law, Accountancy or similar.
- Eager to adapt and learn new and changing regulations within Indirect Tax.
- Eagerness to drive optimization through creating dashboards, for example using PowerBI. All automation experience is a plus.
- SAP R3 knowledge is a plus.
- You are fluent in English; the knowledge of other European languages (such as German, Spanish, Italian or Eastern European) is an asset.
It’s about growth and your long-term success. At our client, your career path can take many routes - each offering growth opportunities, competitive salary and benefits, and a globally growing work environment. Please check below for specific offerings:
- Excellent salary package and travel allowance;
- The possibility to work at home 1 day a week;
- A study and training budget;
- Training & learning on the job and the opportunities to grow in your role.
You will work within multinational company with American roots. Their European headqearters is located in Rotterdam. Our client has around 15,000 employees worldwide and has billions in revenue. The service center, is located in the Rotterdam region and serves 18 countries (EMEA). You will work in a team of 7 tax specialists and report to the Global Indirect Tax Manager. Their international team exists of highly skilled and motivated tax professionals.