The Scientist Protein Biochemistry is involved in the production, biochemical and functional characterization proteins for investigations of targets leading to solutions in various disease areas, e.g. lung cancer.
We are looking for a scientist with proven track record in protein biochemistry both in academia and the biopharma industry. The candidate must possess excellent knowledge in protein biochemistry. The scientist is expected to design, lead and implement experiments supporting the research projects. Furthermore, close working relationships are expected with internal and external partners. The scientist will actively participate in lab-work, drafting study plans and analyzing and interpreting scientific data.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execution and supervision of the production, purification and biochemical as well as functional characterization of proteins.
- Initiation and monitooring of studies outsourced to contract research organizations and academic collaborators.
- Writing study plans for (in house) exploration and outsourcing activities
- Consulting and collaborating with other team members to analyse and resolve study design and analysis problems, recommend technology-based solutions, or determine experimental strategies.
- Identifying and advising on new technologies.
- Reporting results, discussing conclusions, and suggesting follow up experiments and projects.
- Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) with 0-3 years in protein biochemistry, biophysics, proteomics or related area. Msc candiates with 4 yera of industrial expertience are encouraged to apply as well.
- Msc candiates with 4 yera of industrial expertience are encouraged to apply as well.
- Experience with expression, purification and analysis of proteins.
- Experience with protein purification, e.g. affinity based and size exclusion
- Experience with analytical techniques to characterize proteins such as size determination by SEC-MALS, (non)native gel electrophoresis, Western blot and ELISA, is required.
- Experience in working with different types of cells and with cell based assays for in vitro functional assays.
- Demonstrable skills in trouble shooting, can-do attitude to deliver on targets.
- Working efficiently and independently towards solutions from literature searches to hands on experimental lab work.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, good judgment, planning and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
- A valid Dutch working permiot is a must
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention is a global vaccine company that focuses on the development, production and marketing of vaccines and recombinant proteins to prevent and combat infectious and other diseases. LabResource is their top-tier supplier and contracted to recruit for this position.
LabResource offers competitive and attractive terms and conditions:
Contract: Temporary project of 1 year via LabResource
Salary: ranging from €3600 - €4200 gross monthly based on education/experience
Hours: full-time, 32 hours discussable
Holidays: 25 (+12)