Office Manager (maternity cover)
||donderdag 11 juli 2019
About EAZA: European Association of Zoos and Aquaria
EAZA represents and links more than 400 zoos, aquariums, national federations and other organizations in 48 countries. In addition to furthering the professional standards of our members with regard to the care and accommodation of the animals kept in their collections, EAZA also facilitates cooperation in our key mission areas of conservation, education and research. More than 140 million visits are made to EAZA members each year.
The EAZA Executive Office is based at Artis Zoo, Amsterdam. A staff of 29 people is responsible for the day to day running of the association with activities divided across two main departments: Communications and Membership and Conservation and Population Management plus an additional number of roles, including EU Policy, office management and fund raising reporting directly to the Executive Director.
Temporary, 7-months maternity cover for a NFP organization located in the bustling heart of Amsterdam. Are you a fan of animals and their well-being? This role is for you!
Job duties & responsibilities
Overseeing all aspects of the smooth running of the EAZA Executive Office with primary responsibility (delegated where applicable) for aspects relating to financial management. This includes but is not limited to:
- Daily bookkeeping, invoicing and payments
- Organization and communication relating to the annual membership fees
- Organizing banking, petty cash and reimbursements and gaining additional management approval where needed
- Salary administration and making payments (once authorized by the Executive Director)
- Providing financial reports and support as requested
- Communication with accountants and auditors
- Financial oversight and support relating to externally funded projects as appropriate
Experience and Skills
- At least 2 years experience of working in a busy office environment
- Non-profit / membership-based associations are a big plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work across multiple cultures
- Candidates must be familiar with a bookkeeping system (preferably Basecone and Twinfield online finance management systems)
- Attention to detail and adaptability to changing workloads
- Ability to deal sensitively and appropriately with confidential information
- Experience with standard office word processing and spreadsheet packages (MS Office)
- Fluent English & Dutch language skills, both written and spoken
- Candidates with good prioritization skills and problem-solving approach to work will be preferred
Over Page Personnel
Page Personnel is gespecialiseerd in de werving & selectie van vaste en tijdelijke functies voor starters, operationele en middenmanagement functies. Wij werven voor diverse disciplines en verschillende organisaties, variërend van startups tot multinationals.