Molecular Seed Health Specialist
Hoe word je één van onshow to join us
Om je meer inzicht te geven in het sollicitatieproces bij Bayer, brengen we de hele procedure voor je in kaart - van het vinden van vacatures tot uitgenodigd worden voor een gesprek.
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Molecular Seed Health Specialist
At Bayer Crop Science, we're harnessing the spirit of innovation to shape what's possible for farmers, consumers, and the planet. Using the creative spark that comes from human ingenuity, we seek to deliver world-class innovation, set new standards in sustainability, and drive digital transformation. Within this fast moving environment we are looking for a Molecular Seed Health Specialist in the Quality Testing department .
Your tasks and responsibilities.
In this position you will conduct research to develop and improve Quality Testing methods in Seed Health with a primary focus on the use of advanced molecular techniques. You will a also validate new testing methods and support implementation of these methods in routine environment. In this QT environment you will seek and support continues improvements of lab protocols and processes, therefore your plant pathology expertise will be needed.
Other responsibilities are:
- Collaborate and partner with global and regional Quality Testing Optimization team and NL Quality Testing team to identify Seed Health Testing optimization opportunities and to develop subsequent innovative ideas, project scoping, capabilities mapping, valuation and prioritization.
- Actively participate with global teams in the investigation and development of new technologies and assays for Seed Health quality testing.
- Design and execute experiments as well as make detailed observations, analysis and interpretation of results.
- Provide facilitation and governance during Seed Health molecular project deployment and implementation phases to ensure best integration in quality labs in alignment with Seed Production Innovation.
- Produce oral and written communication material to engage, educate and empower the Quality Testing team in Bergschenhoek and its stakeholders.
- Work in permanent network structure with other continuous improvement organizations in the company (global Quality Testing, Vegetables department, Product Supply).
- Champion Intellectual Property, Risk Management and Management of change Programs.
Who you are?
We expect you to bring a Master in Science with 4+ years post-graduate experience in Plant Pathology, Molecular Biology or Biotechnology.
Also you will need to bring:
- Practical experience in molecular biology.
- Experience in completing successful research and development projects in the agriculture area.
- Experience in agronomy, biotechnology and/or vegetable seed production processes (field operations, plant operations, lab activities).
- Knowledge of current seed testing technology trends, in particular in Seed Health.
- Level of experience to work as company technical representative in industry associations.
- Strong experience in PCR and other molecular Biology methods.
- Strong skills in experimental design, analysis of results using large data sets.
- Project management skills.
- Ability preset in front of a large audience.
- Stakeholders engagement: collaborate with business and Supply Chain partners to impact customer experience and business results.
- Risk management: identifies and understands problems and opportunities..
What Bayer offers you.
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Bayer Crop Science employees benefit from good employment conditions, such as:
- Excellent salary including 8,33% holiday allowance.
- 25 days of annual leave.
- Lots of international growth opportunities.
- A team of enthusiastic, professional and driven colleagues.
Interested in this position?
At Bayer, we are committed to improving lives through a food system that is better for farmers, consumers and the planet. These targets will be both ambitious and time-bound, with a combination of long-term thinking and short- to mid-term goals. We cannot realize this vision alone. Turning today's impossibilities into tomorrow's breakthroughs requires strong collaboration with scientists, innovators, regulators, and farmers.
Reach out to us by clicking the 'Apply' button! In case of any questions you can contact Luuck van Kooten via . Applications via email will not be processed. Do you want to know more about what our people do at Bayer? Check our social wall via www.career.bayer.be/en/sociall-wall/ and follow us via #TeamBayerBenelux!
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.