Working from various locations world-wide, Damen Marine Components is specialized - for all types of vessels - in the design and production of state-of-the-art propeller nozzles, special towing winches, rudders and rudder installations as well as steering- and hydraulic-systems. Next to that, Damen Anchor and Chain Factory is part of the DMC group.
Product quality in compliance with regulations of all classification societies, safety and a 24-hour world-wide service are typical aspects of our client focused orientation.
Nb. Van der Velden Marine Systems and WK Hydraulics are our trade marks.
For our office in Hardinxveld-Giessendam we are looking for an enthusiastic, communicative and experienced Project Manager (40 hours).
The Project Manager is responsible for the progress, execution and financial results of his/her projects. This includes, among other things, coordination and monitoring of the progress of engineering activities, production- and delivery planning for the benefit of our customers.
Our ideal candidate, an experienced Project Manager (40 hrs/week), who:
- Coordinates, guides, directs, supervises and monitors projects in all aspects from start to finish for the benefit of our customers;
- Coordinates the progress of all engineering activities and checks the availability of technical drawings and revisions if any; is responsible for timely submission of the correct drawings for classification;
- Controls (indirectly) the progress of production and of the warehouse and supervises projects with regard to production- and delivery planning, partly through coordination with the purchasing department;
- Monitors additional work and is responsible for pre- and post-calculations, the administrative processing and invoicing of projects (use of the ERP system) and ensures proper completion and communication with all parties involved;
- Ensures correct and regular coordination of delivery agreements with the customer and a satisfactory handling;
- is responsible for the correct input for the planner
- Bachelor Mechanical Engineering or similar, supplemented with relevant training courses such as purchasing, work preparation, project-/supply chain management or similar;
- Experience with contracts in English is desirable (contract clauses, technical specifications, sales & delivery conditions, bank guarantees, letters of credit).
- At least 5 years of work experience in a similar position, preferably a technical background in the maritime sector;
- Familiar with common mechanical work, knowledge of hydraulic, electrical and electronic installations is an advantage;
- Result-oriented, a "leader" with initiative and management skills; good commercial attitude, social and communicative skills, a team player;
- Mastery of Dutch and English, German and/or French are an advantage.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
What we offer
Salary and benefits in accordance with education and work experience
A pleasant, informal working and NEW atmosphere in an international environment
A varied function in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization with an open-door culture and excellent possibilities for further individual development.